Schools in London – education information
Britain has always been considered one of the best countries for studying English for foreign students. There are several dozen schools, boarding schools, language camps for children, teenagers and students from different countries on the territory of the country. Quite a large number of institutions for language learning are located in the British capital. London is also a must-visit destination for tourists, as there are many attractions and cultural places here. Studying in London will give foreign students a new communicative experience and a lot of vivid impressions.
The tuition fee in TOP schools in London
Foreign students are accepted by private schools, where studying takes place on a fee basis. The cost of studying will depend on several factors – the location and ranking of the institution, the duration of studying and not only. For a year's study in a school in London, a foreign student will need an amount from 15 to 30 thousand pounds. The indicated price includes the educational process, full-board accommodation and meals, extracurricular activities, as well as various clubs and sections.
Schools in London ranking – TOP 5
- Abbey DLD College London is one of the most prestigious London schools. For more than 80 years, the educational institution has been providing its students with high-quality education: strong academic and language studying, opportunities for further development and personal growth, and much more. The school's curricula are designed for high school students, that is, young people from 14 to 19 years old. The Abbey DLD College London building is located in the heart of the British capital in a historic area called Belgravia. The college employs only professional teachers who are very strict with students, that helps students achieve high results when passing final exams.
- Royal Russell School. Another elite British school for teaching local and international students. This educational institution is suitable for children from 11 to 18 years old. For local students, full–time education is offered here, and for foreign students - boarding (residence accommodation, three meals a day). The school has an advantageous location - south London, Croydon district – and a convenient transport interchange, so it will not be difficult for students to get to the center of London on their own.
- Westminster School. This educational institution offers classic British programs for all ages from 7 to 18 years. There are elementary, middle, high school classes, as well as university preparation programs (A-level). In order to get here, a student or teenager must have a fairly confident knowledge of English – this is the main selection criterion for Westminster School students. The institution is also one of the oldest in London, so special attention is paid to traditions here.
- Bellerbys College London. The campus of the educational institution is located in an urban area in central London. Studying at Bellerbis College, foreign students will be able not only to adapt quickly to the new educational system, but also to get acquainted with the famous English sights and culture of this country as a whole. Just a few minutes separate the students of the school from Trafalgar Square or Buckingham Palace. This school was created to teach foreign students, so it is widely known as a place where you can get high-quality academic education and prepare for university admission.
- CATS College London. This educational institution in London is part of the Cambridge Education Group educational association, which is recognized as leading not only in Europe, but also around the world. Schoolchildren, teenagers and students from 14 to 24 years old can study here. Here, students are offered all the necessary programs from improving their language level to passing a language test and preparing for admission to the best British universities. CATS College London has a special training course to prepare for Oxbridge. Here, a high-quality academic base can be obtained by young people who have chosen such areas as dentistry or veterinary medicine for further education.
Why to choose high schools in London for the foreign student?
For the student’s attention a wide choice of disciplines, directions for self-development in the boarding schools in London is offered. After all, one of the main tasks of a private school in London is to create for its pupils all the conditions for harmonious development not only in the academic aspect, but also in the personal one.
The academic classes are held in the morning, physical activity and art and creativity classes are conducted in the afternoon, and in the evening the children do their homework and, if desired, can take part in an entertainment program organized for them by the school administration.
Each of the teachers of the British school, firstly, is a native speaker of English, secondly, has the necessary qualifications and a certain teaching experience, and thirdly, systematically improves their professional level in various courses.
In London schools the special attention is paid to maintaining a balance in the number of students and teachers. In addition, the number of students in the academic group rarely exceeds 15 people – it is believed that with such a volume of students, the chances of preparing each of them for successful final exams are the highest.