The Income Tax Department will unveil a new e-filing platform on Monday to make filing tax returns even easier (ITRs). The e-portal will be available at www.incometax.gov.in, according to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), and will provide taxpayers with a contemporary and seamless experience.
Here’s a look at some key features of the upcoming portal:
1. Integrated with immediate processing of ITRs to issue quick refunds of taxpayers.
2. To facilitate follow-up action by the taxpayer, all interactions and uploads, as well as pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard.
3. For ITR preparation, free-of-cost software will be available. Facility for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) available initially, while that for preparations of ITRs 3, 5, 6 and 7 to be made available shortly.
4. Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their details to provide details like salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filing of their ITRs.
5. For prompt assistance to taxpayers, a new call centre will be set up. Additionally, detailed frequently asked questions (FAQs), user manuals, videos, chatbots/live agents will be provided.