With the rapid intervention of the internet in our lives, we all are getting accustomed to the digital transformation happening around us. We are trying to implement it in every sector to gain more technological advancements and reap out the best benefits. One such digital trend which has revolutionized the marketing domain in recent times is Natural Language Processing (NLP). A segment of Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the ability of understanding and responding to human voice and language, NLP procures the most relevant search results that help to enhance the user experience. Some other forms of NLP include entity recognition, automatic text summarization, topic extraction, and speech tagging. The perfect example of NLP is ‘Siri’ and ‘Alexa’ which are widely popular for their customized and immediate human interaction.
In digital marketing, the NLP is mostly useful in sentiment analysis of the customers which can provide actionable customer insights to the marketers. The other arena includes spam filters, chatbots, translation tools, and spelling checking applications. This article highlights the advantages of NLP implemented in digital marketing and some of the pointers are given below.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Now most of the brands are opting for SEO and Machine Learning (ML) to attract a wider customer base. NLP utilizes the ML to create valuable outcomes by initiating natural conversations with the customers. As consumers tend to be dynamic, the businesses use NLP to examine the quality of content in real-time and suggest changes to improvise it. This is gaining wide appreciation in the market due to its high possibility of optimizing the average content creation in real-time.
- Enhanced Customer Experience: NLP recognizes the patterns followed by the customers to suggest more products that can attract him/her to take a tour of the website. Taking the already used data into consideration the NLP interacts effectively with the customers owing to its social listening skills which promptly recognizes ‘bad’ and ‘hate’ as negative comments whereas ‘good’ and ‘love’ as positive comments. They can also interact with the customers round the clock making it more convenient and pleasurable for them.
- Allocation of Human Resources to Better Tasks: Chatbots can be utilized in long and repeated conversations which save time for manual operators to do more meaningful work. As chatbots are tailor-made to handle the customized answers as per the requirement of the customers, the manual operators can focus on handling some mission-critical tasks that might be beneficial for the organization. NLP reduces the human efforts essential for manual and repetitive tasks in businesses which not only ensures operational efficiency but allows the organization to utilize human resources more effectively.
- Cost Reduction and Efficiency: With the utilization of NLP the interaction will be effective and error-free benefitting the customers in cost-reduction and efficiency. As people become more accustomed to chatbots and machines, there will be fewer expenses in handling manual and repetitive tasks leading to more opportunities for savings.
- Market Research and Analysis: NLP can perform quality market research and analysis by gathering information across various social media platforms. It reviews through the internal and external search queries, information mapping, user comments across various social media platforms and customer reviews to generate specific data about the customers.
As modern businesses are leaving no stones unturned to acquire new and innovative marketing techniques, the use of NLP in digital marketing can be a good and effective idea to obtain satisfactory growth in sales.