Peterson, content writer
IP telephony (Internet Protocol telephony) is a method of communication that uses the Internet instead of a regular telephone line.
The main differences between IP telephony and regular telephony are the data format and the way it is transmitted. IP telephony uses a more reliable digital data format instead of analog. And this data is transmitted over an Internet channel, not a regular phone line.
IP telephony services are most often used by large businesses that need a high-quality, reliable communications channel. However, due to the simplicity and affordability of this type of communication, it is often used by small businesses and ordinary users.
What are the pros?
1. Easy connection: you do not need many cables or expensive equipment, and you can get professional advice at https://hottelecom.biz
2. Economy: Get an IP phone number for your business and save money as it is much cheaper than a regular phone connection.
3. Functionality: expand the possibilities of Internet communication by setting up voice mail, recording calls and conversations, and video conferencing.
4. Simplification of remote work: provide easy contact with your customers, partners, and suppliers.
5. PBX integration: Simplify call routing and avoid communication problems.
Are there any cons?
To get all these benefits, you need to choose your provider carefully. So, spend some time to find out as much information as you can, get consultations, and decide which particular type of virtual number would be ideal for your business.
You need a stable and permanent Internet connection (not less than 100 kb/s channel width).
You will also need some equipment. IP telephony can be connected through your computer using a special program. It can be perfectly used through your smartphone just by loading a special application on it. You can also use special IP phones for better usability, signal quality, and reliability indicators.